This project will examine cemeteries and crematoria ‘gardens’ as public spaces of social inclusion, exclusion and integration, with a particular focus on migrant and Established Minority experience, needs and provision, and how these intersect with established practices in the North West of Europe.
Recent Blog Posts
- Hinduism and the Grand Marking called Death
- Sharing CeMi findings with planners: Interaction from the kitchen table during a pandemic
- Of barriers and benches: A visitor’s experience
- Cemeteries as public space under the Covid-19 lockdown
- Die Diversität von Bestattungsbedürfnissen in Zeiten der Krise: Reflektionen zu Covid-19 in einem multikulturellen Europa